Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratitude, Part 2

And here's the next thing I'm thankful for...

I'm thankful for the 50% divorce rate. Yep, I'm thankful that there are 50% of married couples - Christians and non-Christians alike - who decide that despite huge odds against a successful life together, they're sticking it out as a couple.

I suspect that this 50% endurance rate is going to be found to be pretty constant among straight couples as well as gay, for what it's worth.

There are a million different things that can undermine and damage a marriage to the point where the partners just don't want to continue the relationship. For that half of all married people who do endure though, I give thanks. You have inspired me to try to do what you've done. Thanks for all that inspiration over the years.

And that's what I'm thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment