Saturday, December 17, 2011

Minus Eight and Counting...

The countdown has begun.

It's the eighth day before Christmas. We're counting down the days until our celebration of the birth of Jesus. Anticipation is rising.

What do you look forward to this Christmas? How is your life being shaped by the impending Celebration? Is this time of waiting a hectic mess, filled with too much to do and too little time to do it in? Or are there islands of peace and calm, pockets of time when you can sit and reflect on what we're actually coming to commemorate?

Wishes to all of blessing and comfort, joy and peace.

Eight days to go. And we wait.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to having all of my immediate family together to watch basketball. I look forward to their reactions when I give them their gifts. I look forward to opening mine, too, but not as much. I do wish we would divorce from the consumerism of Christmas. I'd like it if everyone bought a small thing, like a box of cookies, as a gift. No iPods or diamonds. Save that for birthdays or anniversaries, if anything.

    It's not hectic for me, but that's because I don't have a job. I have tons of time to reflect. I don't usually do it, though. But I have been thinking a lot more about Bishop Nicholas than usual.

    ReplyDelete